Through February 29, 2024
Donation deadline: February 29, 2024
Imagine a world where all children can see themselves in the pages of a book. Imagine a world where books can be windows to learn about other cultures, critical contributors to our world, and movements that have helped to shape our nation.
The MSU Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemorative Celebration Planning Committee is hosting another Stuff the Library event as a component of this year's celebration to benefit Grand Rapids Public Schools. The event aims to fill school libraries with books on topics of social justice and with characters representing diverse backgrounds.
Will you help us reach our goal of $15,000 and over 1,000 books donated? Through our partnerships with local schools and organizations, your support helps raise awareness around social justice, assists in promoting books with diverse representation or characters, stories, and authors and gets the books into the hands of children ages 0-18 in Grand Rapids and the surrounding areas.
You can be involved in several ways:
- Amazon Wishlist and mail books to the donation collection point address saved under MSU MLK Committee with the Amazon Wishlist. Books will be dispersed to local schools and organizations.
- Or, shop a Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC) owned bookstore or local book store like bookshop.org, liberationstationbookstore.com/, or locally owned Black book store, Socialite Society, located in the Lansing Mall. The Amazon list can still be referenced, or you can choose a book of your liking that fits the theme!
- In the mail or in person to:
WorkLife OfficeC/O MLK Stuff the Library 479 West Circle Drive Linton Hall, Suite 116 East Lansing MI 48824
- Make an online gift to the MLK Jr. Day Fund and support the purchase of books for this project by the MSU Center for Community Engaged Learning: Giving Page
- Or, make a gift through mail at:
University AdvancementSpartan Way 535 Chestnut Road, Room 300 East Lansing, MI 48824 *Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 24OOPCF1MLKSL” in the note section
Who We Are
We are members of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Planning Committee - The MSU Alumni Office, The MSU WorkLife Office, and The MSU Center for Community Engaged Learning.email@example.com) in the MSU Alumni Office or Jaimie Hutchison (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the MSU WorkLife Office.Please direct questions to Dan DiMaggio (