We prepare students for lifelong civic and social responsibility.
We envision community engaged learning as core to the MSU mission and that all Spartans contribute to a culture of social good.
As part of Michigan State University, we embody the core values of the university.
In addition, we believe that to build an equitable society, we contribute to social justice through:
- Partnership — Encourage the development of authentic relationships focused on assets, reciprocity, and a shared committed to social justice
- Community Building — Foster connections, collective space, and experiences to encourage authenticity, acceptance, and belonging
- Leadership Development — Collaborate with students as they grow in their civic identities and their capacity to intentionally contribute to a common good
- Critical Reflection — Guide community-engaged learners as they make meaning of experiences and expand understanding of their roles in social change.
- Social Innovation — Embrace inclusive and collaborative approaches that lead to systemic, social, and environmental change