August 31 - September 30, 2020
While not all districts will use buses this fall, they all could still use a busload of supplies. With increased needs for personal protective equipment and the challenges of a move to online learning, our schools, teachers, parents, and students need our support more than ever before.
COVID-19 has necessitated changes to our 12th Annual Fill the Bus event. This year we will not be able to accept in-person donations. Instead, all supplies will be shipped directly to local school districts and non-profit organizations focused on youth mentorship and education. In order to do this, we have two options for you to give your support.
The first option is by purchasing supplies and directly shipping them to our local partners. We have set up Target gift registries for each. All purchases (donations) in the registries will be shipped directly to the organization you choose. Please note that Target requires a $35 minimum purchase in order to ship your order.
The second option is through a monetary donation. All donations will then be divided between the five organizations based on their communicated need. Just $20 is enough to provide notebooks and pencils for an entire class of students! There is no minimum amount required to donate and each donation will make a difference.
- $5 - 3 notebooks and a pack of pens & pencils for a student OR 5 notebooks or 10 packs of markers for the class
- $10 – A pair of earbuds or 20 packs of colored pencils or 1 jump rope to promote physical education
- $20 – Much needed disposable masks and disinfectant wipes OR a kids backpack
- $50 – A brand-new adult-sized backpack OR a complete set of PPE (cloth masks, disposable masks, Clorox wipes, all-purpose cleaner, Kleenax) for a home/classroom
Donate to the general Fill the Bus 2020 donation fund at the link here, and find links for the Target gift registries for each of our partner organizations below.
- Capital Area Mentoring Partnership
- East Lansing Public School District
- Edgewood Village Network Center
- Lansing Public School District
- MSU Student Parent Resource Center